Friday, March 11, 2022

Dr Boyer Update


 

I would like to take a moment and give a special thanks to all of our patients and staff.  So many of you expressed concern, and I wanted to share with you some excellent news. 

Two years ago I was diagnosed with an inoperable , but benign, brain tumor.  A successful radiation therapy with UCLA helped keep the tumor from growing, however a side effect created some problems with my walking and I developed a shuffle. The radiation had created normal pressure hydrocephalus and I needed a shunt to remedy it. 

In the midst of Covid, scheduling a surgery was difficult, but finally in Feb 2021 I received treatment at Ronald Reagan hospital UCLA.  The effects were immediate! After a few weeks rest my function returned and I resumed work. 

I am fortunate, and so thankful for prayers, blessings and a great surgeon.

Thank you for all the well wishes. I hope to see you soon, as I continue helping with your eye care.

-DR KEN BOYER

2 comments: